Previously, I have introduced you to the best of the best 5-star hotels in Penang. All of them are the greatest places to stay in Penang, mainly due to its location and the heritage it offers. Obviously, we would like to stay in a 5-star hotel if it is something that we can afford. By being in these top hotels alone is an experience of itself. But, for travelers with a limited budget, 4-star hotels can offer fairly great experience too. The only thing that you need to make sure is its location. As usual, consider these factors when you are about to choose a location to check in.
1) Distance to attraction places – This is an obvious reason. You are traveling to a foreign place because you want to visit the main attraction places. Therefore, if you check into hotels that too far off the main area, you will be likely faced some inconvenience to roam around.
2) Eatery places – Although most hotels have their own cafes, restaurants or simply great room service, the price is likely to be at the high end. Plus, room service can be disappointing sometimes. Therefore, it is useful to have other cheap eateries options around your hotel. After all, most of the time, you may find hidden gems at unsuspected places like at humble restaurant or street cart vendors. Especially in Penang, this is one of the biggest that you need to consider, it is because foods are considerably the biggest attraction in Penang.
3) Connectivity – Transportation is also an important thing to factor into your decision-making process. It is likely that you need to rely on the public transportation system, therefore, do not forget to study the transportation route and options, to and from your hotel. Unless you decided to hire a car throughout your stay, then this will not be a problem.
4) Price – This is another thing to consider. The best thing to happen is to find a right hotel room with the most value for your money. Stretch your budget by finding a room with offers. Hotels.com or Expedia.com are some of the places to find great deals.
5) The hotel room itself – Before you proceed with the booking, make sure you check the room first. Most hotels will have several room choices for almost the same price. Be sure to check the view of the room, whether it faced the city, garden or sea view. Read the reviews of the hotel rooms first prior to proceed with the booking.
So, here are some of the best 4-star hotels in Penang that you might want to consider for your next stay in Penang.
If you want to be in the center of all attraction places in Penang, this will be the place to stay. Located in Georgetown, you are going to be at the heart of all the actions. The thing that makes this hotel unique is its character, It was built with the touch of Penang Peranakan feel and heritage to it. Therefore, I warn you that this is not your ordinary hotel, you will feel like stepping foot into a whole new world. The nearby attraction places are;
- Camera Museum (3-minute walk)
- Pinang Peranakan Mansion (5-minute walk)
- Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi (6-minute walk)
- Fort Cornwallis (8-minute walk)
- Clan Jetty (9-minute walk)
The price per night is only 135USD. Believe me when I say that this hotel worth every dollar as it received a perfect score for guest review in Hotels.com. Click here for more information and booking.
Macalister Mansion is a chic boutique hotel in the very heart of Georgetown city. It lives up to its reputation of being a beautiful hotel with its lavish and amazing decorations. With only 8 rooms, you will have an exclusive personalized experience that will make your stay in Penang an unforgettable experience. This mansion is very suitable for couple that wants to have a honeymoon vacation. The nearby attraction places are;
- Wat Chaiya Mangkalaram (17-minute walk)
- Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi (23-minute walk)
- Camera Museum (23-minute walk)
- Clan Jetty (24-minute walk)
- Pinang Peranakan Mansion (29-minute walk)
The average price per night is only 163USD. Click here for more info and to proceed with the booking.
This hotel is located in the most popular beach in Penang – Batu Ferengghi. Your hotel room will be literally just outside the door. You can walk to the beach and to all the water activities during your stay here. Although it is a little bit off from Georgetown, there are plenty of taxis and uber drivers that operate here, so, you do not have to worry about the connectivity. Other attraction places near this hotel are;
- Yahong Art Gallery (3-minute walk)
- East Wind Watersports (9-minute walk)
- Eden Parade Shopping Centre (9-minute walk)
- Tropical Spice Garden (17-minute walk)
- Teluk Bahang Beach (39-minute walk)
The average price per night is only 88USD. Click here for more info and to proceed with the booking.
So, these are the top 3 four star hotels in Penang, Malaysia. The best of the best hotels with great location and things to do.
Wait no more. Go! and Travel Malaysia!